When seeking a Tacoma Boating Accident Attorney, look for these things:
- The years of experience in Personal Injury law to have built expertise
- A history of successful cases in boating accidents
- Millions of dollars recovered for Personal Injury and related cases
Washington State is a big location for boating and water sports. It has 3,036 miles of coastline when accounting for all the bays, islands, and shorelines. With that comes accidents due to lack of attention to others. If you or your loved ones have been harmed in a boating accident in Tacoma or the surrounding areas, call on the experience of Sam J Fogerty to provide his Tacoma Boating Accident Attorney expertise.
King County currently requires life vests for swimmers, floaters, or boaters on rivers.
State law requires boat operators carry a Washington State Boater Education card when operating motorboats with 15 horsepower or more. To learn more see Washington Parks. So this might seem like a pain but it can be easy and convenient to do and is very advisable for all legal ramifications relating to Boating Accidents and your case with any attorney. You can easily take an Online Course and get your Permit Immediately. Visit Boat Ed Washington to get it done. They emphasize: “Learn online, print out your temp. cert., and be on the water in just a few hours.” Not so bad. The temporary certificate will be good for 60 days, during which you should be able to get your permanent pass. Pay $29.50 Only if you pass. That sounds like a good deal to me.
Boating can be a fun, enjoyable experience, but be careful to avoid accidents in these ways:
- Wear a life jacket. Also available are Float Coats which can not only help keep you afloat, but could also protect you from hypothermia.
- Do not overload your boat. Figure out the maximum number of people that should be on the boat and stick to it (or less).
- Washington waters are cold! Plan accordingly in case you fall in.
Hopefully these things can be helpful to you, but if you need a Tacoma Boating Accident Attorney, Sam J Fogerty can provide the legal resources you need.